-->

Saturday 10 November 2012

30 before 30: #2 Visit a postcard perfect desert island




You know the sort - white sand, turquoise waters, swaying palm trees and blue, blue skies.  I'd never been anywhere like that before, always tried, but never been able to afford it at all.  It became that mythical place I escaped to in my mind on a miserable, wet and stressful day in an English January (or July tbh), but not somewhere I thought to get to for a while.

Then I somehow found myself in the Whitsundays.  Now I realise this is extremely ignorant of me, but I had no idea the North of Australia was so tropical.  I was expecting red dust, not white sands!  Tropical it is and extremely beautiful.

I took a day cruise out to Whitehaven beach, lay down on the soft sand, watched the crystal clear waves gently brushing up on the shore and thought, 'Check.'  Granted it's not a glass bottomed 5* hut in the Maldives, but for this year and stage in my life, this'll do just fine.  Better than fine.  Perfect.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...