-->

Friday 16 November 2012

Training Thursday: half marathon, week 9




I accidentally screwed myself over this week, running-wise at least.  You see we tackled one of New Zealand's Great Walks, the Tongariro Alpine Crossing, and it was amazing.  It was also incredibly and unbelievably tiring on the legs.  I still feel like a leaden legged marrionette and it's been three days.  On the plus side, I'm counting it as an endurance training session, as it was 18k of the toughest terrain I've ever tackled.  We didn't even tackle Mount Doom.

I did manage to get a short run in the night before to stretch my legs after my long run and a short run in yesterday to do the same post walk.  I'm conserving stregth for my longest of long runs this weekend.  Fingers crossed howver hard it is, I now have a new threshold for 'challenging'.

Fri - 3 mile RnR
Sat - 18k walk
Sun - crippled
Mon - crippled
Tues - still crippled
Wed - 4 mile RnR
Thurs - 15k bike ride
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...