-->

Thursday 20 September 2012

Training Thursday: Half Marathon Week 1

When I finish I'm totally buying this cuteness

So I got to the last week of training for the Southend Half Marathon before realising that it was just a mite overoptimistic to think I could fit in the biggest race I've ever done in the middle of the mist important exams of my entire life. Otherwise known by my lovely bf as 'doing a Kate'.  Now I have no responsibilities except not missing my flights, I'm ready to give it another go!

In the post-exam fug of festivals and general gladness of finishing law school I took a little break from running and redeveloped my yoga obsession.  I just needed a little r'n'r. Now I'm on the road and realised travelling was making me tubby, I got back to it.

But maaaaan does it ever suck that fitness fades fast! I have been wheezing my way round Lake Merritt, the perfect 3.5 mile loop in my new backpack packable size shorts, trying to ignore the ripple in my thighs.

It's coming back though and the loop is already easier than it was at the start of the week. Can't wait to get back to where 4 miles feels breezy!

The Plan

Fri - circuit training / 2 miles steady, treadmill
Sat - circuit training / 2 miles steady, treadmill
Sun - rest
Mon - circuit training / 3 miles, 1 easy, 2 fast
Tues - yoga
Wed - circuit training / 3 miles, w. 10 minute tempo run
Thurs - circuit training

Fellow runners, seasoned racers, any tips, tricks, words of wisdom?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...